Botona Dahican Beach Resort is one of the two private resorts that operate within the 7-kilometer stretch of white sand Dahican Beach. This is where my wife and I stayed when we celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary last October 28, 2010.
This is the rest house of resort owner Ms. Eva Botona.
Botona Dahican Beach Resort is located in Purok Maribojoc, Dahican, Mati, Davao Oriental. Set within the fully-fenced 2-hectare area are two European-inspired houses with two airconditioned rooms in each house. With only four rooms available for rent, the resort maintains its quiet and relaxing ambiance.
Botona's guest houses with two rooms for rent in each house.
Each room has two queen size beds, toilet, hot and cold shower, a large closet and a table with drawers. You also have your own private terrace and a gallon of purified water in a dispenser. A television is placed in between the terraces of the two adjacent rooms for shared viewing. I didn't really mind that there is no TV inside our room since what we came here for is to enjoy the beach.
The room we stayed is spacious and clean.
Each room has a terrace with table, chairs and purified water in dispenser.
According to Botona's website, room rates ranged from Php 1,500 to Phpp 1,800 per room but when we were there it is already Php 2,000.00. However, considering that each room is already good for 4 persons, then it is really not that expensive.
Botona Dahican Beach Resort has a resto-bar but they don't have a regular menu. You have to ask the in-charge what's available in their fridge and they will cook it for you. My wife and I ordered grilled pork chop and blue marlin for lunch, tinolang isda (blue marlin again) for dinner and then corned beef (Holiday brand) with sunny side up eggs for breakfast the following day. Each dish costs only 100 pesos per serving which is already good for 2-4 persons. San Mig Light Beer costs 30 pesos each. Since they have a cooking area near the beach, you may also opt to bring your own supplies and cook your own food.
Botona Resort's Resto-Bar. If you want, you can also eat your meals at the beachfront.
Grilled blue marlin and pork chop for lunch.
Tinolang blue marlin for dinner.
Botona's main attraction of course is the beach. The moment you stepped outside the resort's wooden gate and into the beach front, you will simply be mesmerized by the long stretch of white sand beach and the crashing waves of the Pacific Ocean. There are cottages and rubber tables and chairs in the beach front where you can relax and enjoy the scenery.
The pathway that leads to the Beach.
This is Dahican Beach, a 7-kilometer white sand stretch facing the Pacific Ocean.
My verdict: Clean and spacious rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff, affordable home-cooked meals and a spectacular beach, Botona Dahican Beach Resort is the perfect place to stay when you're in Dahican, Mati, Davao Oriental.
Botona Dahican Beach Resort
Contact Numbers: +63918-525-5227; +63916-796-8054
1. To go there, you can hire a pedicab or single motorcycle (habal-habal) from the Bus Terminal of Mati. Just tell the driver that you're going to Botona. Dahican is about 20-30 minutes away from the town proper. Prepare yourself for the rough and dusty road going to the resort.
2. Botona Dahican Beach Resort is walking distance from the home of Amihan sa Dahican Skim and Surf Team.
3. Since there are only four rooms available for rent, it is better to book your accommodation in advance.
4. When in Dahican, be sure to wake up early to catch the wonderful view of Dahican Sunrise.
5. The only other private resort operating in Dahican Beach is the Tropical Kanakbai. Visit their website for details : http://www.kanakbai.com/Tropical_Kanakbai.php